[concurrency-interest] Economist article

Joe Bowbeer joe.bowbeer at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 12:53:33 EDT 2011

"Parallel programming, once an obscure niche, is the focus of increasing
interest as multicore chips proliferate in ordinary PCs."

<http://www.economist.com/node/18750706?frsc=dg%7Ca><http://www.economist.com/node/18750706?frsc=dg%7Ca>
http://www.economist.com/node/18750706?frsc=dg%7Ca

The article mentions Scala but not java.util.concurrent.

To me, this problem still seems more "derivative" of the technology and less
driven by consumer demand, and I'm disappointed that The Economist could not
find a more compelling statement.

Is this really a case of: To the man with a multi-headed hammer, every
problem looks like a multi-headed nail?

Maybe my mobile-shaded perspective will change now that multicores are
shipping on handsets...

Joe