[concurrency-interest] Checking for Race Conditions in Concurrent Code

Nathan Reynolds nathan.reynolds at oracle.com
Mon Nov 7 19:48:12 EST 2011

When writing concurrent code what are some good tools to check for race
conditions?

I use Java Path Finder.  It allows for testing the Java code without
converting it into some abstract model.  The challenge is writing useful
tests which don't take forever to check all of the thread scheduling
interleavings.  So, I am wondering what other tools exist out there that
will run very quickly and are very easy to map Java to model.

Nathan Reynolds