[concurrency-interest] Transactional memory on GCC 4.7.0, what about Java?

Nathan Reynolds nathan.reynolds at oracle.com
Fri Nov 18 12:15:15 EST 2011

We would probably need to consider STM and hardware support.  IBM
recently released a chip that supports transaction memory.  Sun's Rock
(cancelled) was going to support transactional memory.  I wouldn't be
surprised if other hardware vendors were considering transactional
memory support for their processors.

Nathan Reynolds