[concurrency-interest] A beginner question (on fork-and-join)

Gregg Wonderly gregg at cytetech.com
Mon Nov 21 17:36:20 EST 2011

So I have to ask, why don't you use the command line property to change this to
something like 100 for a faster warm up?  For some of my applications, doing
this reduces startup time by orders of magnitude because of the number of times
some things are invoked.  In particular, server applications using a security
manager seem to start much faster.

Gregg Wonderly