[concurrency-interest] A beginner question (on fork-and-join)

Kasper Nielsen kav at it.edu
Mon Nov 21 17:42:01 EST 2011

Hi David,

It looks like you aren't doing any real CPU work.
So you are most likely just thrashing the memory system.
That is all threads are spending most of the time just waiting for
memory access.

Try doing some mindless calculations on each element.
I am pretty sure you will see the parallel version come out as a winner.

cheers
  Kasper