[concurrency-interest] The JSR-133 Cookbook for Compiler Writers

Nathan Reynolds nathan.reynolds at oracle.com
Tue Nov 22 10:56:07 EST 2011

On x86 and Sparc TSO, the StoreStore barrier becomes a no-op.  (See the
table in the Multiprocessors section.)  These processors will not allow
stores to go before other stores.  Thus, the StoreStore barrier is
already enforced for all store operations by the processor.  The only
barrier required on x86 and Sparc TSO is the StoreLoad barrier.

Nathan Reynolds