[concurrency-interest] samples for parallel programming with Java 7

Danny Dig dig at illinois.edu
Fri Sep 16 11:21:06 EDT 2011

I am frustrated by the slow adoption of ForkJoinTask, ParallelArray,
and other goodies for improving throughput on Java programs.

One reason could be the lack of small (but realistic) projects that
illustrate how to use parallelism to improve throughput. I think
Microsoft is doing a good job to show samples of such programs:
http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Samples-for-Parallel-b4b76364/

Does anyone know where to find such sample programs for Java?

best,
Danny

--
Danny Dig
Visiting Research Assistant Professor at UIUC

http://netfiles.uiuc.edu/dig/www

Motto: "Success is not for the chosen few but for the few who choose"