[concurrency-interest] Java Deadlocks prevented

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Mon Apr 16 12:38:00 EDT 2012

Important questions to consider when you write it up:

How does it compare to something like Gadara that uses whole program analysis and scheduling to avoid lock-based deadlocks?  (Hopefully it doesn't need whole program analysis.)  Other deadlock avoidance schemes?

Once you detect a potential deadlock, how do you recover?  Or can you always schedule so that the possibility doesn't arise?

Hans