Zhong Yu zhong.j.yu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 15:47:11 EDT 2012

Are `final` fields a problem to compiler optimization?

You can't have both ways.

Either `final` field semantics is good and cheap, therefore it should
be extended to all fields.

Or there is some downsides with 'final' field semantics, so we
shouldn't encourage people to apply `final` whenever they can. Lets
hear those downsides.

Zhong Yu