Vitaly Davidovich vitalyd at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 16:24:22 EDT 2012

Your point about "const" reminded me that I agree with Joe Duffy on his
take [1] on the fact that annotating a field as volatile or final (he talks
about volatile, but the point can be extended to final) doesn't really
belong to the field; the type of order required is determined at the point
of access, not declaration.  I think c++11 got this part quite right.

[1] http://www.bluebytesoftware.com/blog/2010/12/04/SayonaraVolatile.aspx

Sent from my phone