Raoul Duke raould at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 18:49:25 EDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 3:36 PM, Vitaly Davidovich <vitalyd at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the lesson should be avoid data races - period. :) if you find a
> case where you can justify it (i.e. profiling/testing guided) then consider
> it.  I bet there will be few and far in between cases like that.

sincere, if vulgar, question: as a run-of-the-mill Joe Average
programmer, how the heck do i even know that i've managed to avoid
them? and if i do manage to avoid them, have i not just basically
walked into potential, hiding, secret, waiting until after i ship to
show up, deadlockville? (all in all, shared-mutable-state-concurrency
seems pretty bad.)

sincerely.