[concurrency-interest] Relativity of guarantees provided byvolatile

Zhong Yu zhong.j.yu at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 22:20:31 EDT 2012

In the model, a write completes as soon as the mail is sent, the same
thread can immediately make another write. A read completes when the
return mail is received; the reading thread is suspended during the
wait.

The example is designed so that reads are short too, so we can treat
actions as points in time, to order them easily.