[concurrency-interest] padding in Exchanger

Mohan Radhakrishnan radhakrishnan.mohan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 01:48:47 EST 2012

I did come across 'False Sharing' by reading other threads and tried
Oracle Studio analyzer but its
project lead pointed out that its identification of false sharing is
targeted for Sparc systems.
Java support also did not seem to be there.

I also read that this studio uses HW counters to show addresses and
cache line contention.

Again by reading other threads :-) I understand JIT also already uses
HW counters. If annotations are introduced then concurrency might
become harder to understand. It is like Ruslan's GC example.That is my
humble thought.

Mohan