[concurrency-interest] padding in Exchanger

Ruslan Cheremin cheremin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 04:23:49 EST 2012

I also like this idea -- because even if it support by JVM will be
delayed, it is not a hard task to make simple annotation processor,
which will implement @Contended via padding. And -- in case of run
time enchancer -- it is even possible to make some native call to find
out actual cache line size on current arch.

Such solution, although not ideal one, at least stop programmers to
invent it's own padding methods.