[concurrency-interest] Benchmarking

Dawid Weiss dawid.weiss at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 04:02:25 EST 2012

You can substitute your implementation and j.u.c.-backed
implementation, re-run a number of times on different hardware
configurations (whatever you plan to deploy on) and calculate simple
statistics (average, min, max, variance)? There are tools to help you
with some of that, but it all depends on the size of your benchmark
(some of these may not be suitable for long-running components):

1) Google Caliper: http://code.google.com/p/caliper/
2) JUnit Benchmarks: http://labs.carrotsearch.com/junit-benchmarks.html
3) /usr/bin/time...

Dawid