[concurrency-interest] Tools for identifying cache misses

Mohan Radhakrishnan radhakrishnan.mohan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 01:27:16 EDT 2012

Hi,
       I am aware of some of the effects  of cache line sharing and padding
required to address  it. Are tools like cachegrind advocated to identify
these issues ? VTune is expensive and and I remember Sun Studio analyzer
wasn't specifically meant for x86 ?

I am basically working on Capacity Planning by gathering metrics  like this
and finding their correlation coefficient for system modeling. This  is
just the context and has  nothing to do with my main question.

I ask  this because it is related to concurrency.

Thanks,
Mohan