[concurrency-interest] Tools for identifying cache misses

Aleksey Shipilev aleksey.shipilev at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 14:43:37 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 10:26 PM, Nathan Reynolds
<nathan.reynolds at oracle.com> wrote:
> One might interpret this page in such a way that Oracle Studio Analyzer can
> capture x86 hardware counters on Linux.  But, it is hard to say.
> https://blogs.oracle.com/openomics/entry/cpu_hardware_counter_stats

It can capture hardware counters. I do that all the time on Linux
2.6.32+. The beautiful part about Oracle Studio Analyzer is that it
can get the counter mapping back to JITted code, which is something
native tools could not easily do without knowing that they actually
profiling dynamic Java runtime.

-Aleksey.