[concurrency-interest] Summer School on Parallel Programming with Java (registration closes Jun 27th)

Danny Dig dig at illinois.edu
Sun Jun 24 15:27:28 EDT 2012

Dear Concurrency Enthusiasts,

We still have a few seats available for this year's summer school.
Maybe this is not for you, the experts, but you might know somebody
who really needs to take this programming-intensive course. I'd
appreciate if you forward this announcement to your colleagues who
might be interested in learning about parallel programming in Java.
The registration closes this Wed, June 27th.

best,
Danny

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

2012 Summer School on Parallel Programming

Important dates:
June 27th, registration deadline
July 9-13, Event held at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Software engineering practitioners and researchers with little or no
exposure to parallelism will have an opportunity to learn about
multicore programming at the University of Illinois at Urbana-
Champaign (UIUC) during our July 9th – 13th Illinois-Intel Parallelism
Center Summer School training event. We’re excited about the new
direction that our program will be taking this year, offering a deeper
dive into Java parallel programming and the Eclipse platform.

We have an exciting lineup of teachers this year, from both industry
and academia, including:
- Dr. Cliff Click (0xdata)
- Dr. Danny Dig (University of Illinois)
- Mr. Stephen Heumann (University of Illinois)
- Mr. Richard Hudson (Intel Corporation)
- Dr. Doug Lea (State University of New York at Oswego), lead architect
of Java concurrency libraries
- Dr. Tim Mattson (Intel Corporation), co-author of the most influential
book on parallel patterns
- Dr. Darko Marinov
- Dr. Marc Snir (University of Illinois), the co-inventor of MPI

The curriculum for the program has been refined and tested both in prior
summer schools and in industry courses. The courses have received
very high reviews from participants, and we’re confident our Multicore
Summer School will be useful to those wanting to apply parallel
programming techniques to their code.

Please see the 2012 I2PC Summer School on Multicore Programming
website (http://i2pc.cs.illinois.edu/summer.html) for a tentative
course schedule, prerequisites for participation in the school,
information about fees, meals, and travel to the University of Illinois,
and to register online! Registration closes on June 9th, or when our 60
participant maximum has been reached.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the workshop
coordinator, Meg Osfar (mosfar2 at illinois.edu).

Best regards,
The I2PC Summer School Team

--
Danny Dig
Visiting Research Assistant Professor at UIUC

http://netfiles.uiuc.edu/dig/www

Motto: "Success is not for the chosen few but for the few who choose"