[concurrency-interest] help show speed-up on a trivial but manual array-map operation?

Dan Grossman djg at cs.washington.edu
Fri Mar 9 21:40:14 EST 2012

Let me echo Kim's word of thanks.

When I have time in a couple weeks, I hope to extend my materials to
include some of the excellent points and example made here: gotchas
with respect to timing, the need for large enough problem sizes, and
-- most important in my mind -- the need for beefy enough arithmetic
operations to overcome memory-bandwidth issues.

As Kim points out, any simple-enough-for-undergraduate-lecture
examples are welcome.

--Dan