[concurrency-interest] Advice on reuse of ForkJoinTask instances

√iktor Ҡlang viktor.klang at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 12:52:29 EDT 2012

Hey gang,

We're using the latest incarnation of the ForkJoinPool in Akka,
and I was looking at reducing allocations in the hot path, and essentially
the only thing left to remove is to remove the creation of a FJT for every
submission (and we have _lots_ of those), but unfortunately it seems rather
non-straightforward as I'll have to call reinitialize at the end of
executing the FJT.

What I essentially want to do is to treat the FJT as a coroutine.
Ideas?

Cheers,
√

--