[concurrency-interest] ForkJoinTask.fork() enforces visibility?

Aleksey Shipilev aleksey.shipilev at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 06:15:31 EDT 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 1:31 PM, Aleksey Shipilev
<aleksey.shipilev at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had looked over FJP javadoc and saw no other visibility guarantees
> there. I remember Brian Goetz' article describing FJP is guaranteeing
> visibility in cases like this. It would be perfect to reflect that in
> javadocs.

Aha, ExecutorService javadoc is saying:

"Memory consistency effects: Actions in a thread prior to the
submission of a Runnable or Callable task to an ExecutorService
happen-before any actions taken by that task, which in turn
happen-before the result is retrieved via Future.get()."

Does this extend to ForkJoinTask.fork()?

-Aleksey.