[concurrency-interest] help show speed-up on a trivial but manual array-map operation?

Dan Grossman djg at cs.washington.edu
Sun Mar 25 16:48:10 EDT 2012

Just to close the loop on this thread, today I edited

 http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/djg/teachingMaterials/spac/grossmanSPAC_forkJoinFramework.html

which is part of the materials at

 http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/djg/teachingMaterials/spac/

I added a new section "timing issues" that lists various reasons why
you might see a /simple/ fork-join computation run slower than a
corresponding sequential implementation.  This distills the
suggestions on this thread and other well-known ideas.  Additional
suggestions and clarifications are welcome.

--Dan