[concurrency-interest] Object finalization

Bob Lee crazybob at crazybob.org
Mon May 14 14:01:10 EDT 2012

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 11:22 PM, David Holmes <davidcholmes at aapt.net.au>wrote:

> **
> I should add the Vitaly's comments prompted me to remember that 'a' and
> 'b' might refer to objects that themselves have been finalized prior to the
> current finalizer running. This just reinforces how tricky finalization is.

Indeed, the finalizers can run in any order, independent of the structure
of the object graph.

For those who are interested in learning more, I cover that and half a
dozen other reasons not to use finalizers in this talk:
http://www.parleys.com/#id=2657&st=5

Thanks,
Bob
Square is hiring! <https://squareup.com/jobs>