[concurrency-interest] @Contended (JEP-142)

Aleksey Shipilev aleksey.shipilev at oracle.com
Wed Nov 28 04:53:39 EST 2012

On 11/28/2012 01:44 PM, √iktor Ҡlang wrote:
>     Would it help adoption if this would get backported to JDK7 (you will
>     have to have the recent update release nevertheless)? Would that be
>     sensible to backport to JDK6 at all?
>
> Even if that was done, what about J9, Dalvik etc?
> I think the sad fact here is that it will essentially only be usable
> within the JDK for the foreseeable future.

(I'll let Doug to chime in on J9, Dalvik, etc. endeavors with
@Contended, if there are any).

My question is very pragmatic though: if there is a strong desire to use
this within Oracle JDK7, we can explore how much it would take to
backport. Our current inclination is to use that in JDK8 only, but we
can take the community response into the consideration.

-Aleksey.