[concurrency-interest] @Contended (JEP-142)

Gregg Wonderly gregg at cytetech.com
Wed Nov 28 11:42:55 EST 2012

The annotation doesn't have to have the Hotspot support in earlier or
non-implementing environments (Dalvik for example).  Just putting the @interface
definition into all appropriate distributions, would seem like the easy way to
introduce it.  Then, later, actual work can occur to make the changes needed or
each environment.

Going down that path, makes me feel like having it in a more "public" package
would be a better choice.  The name "Contended" is now going to be a "reserved"
name for many people, when used in annotation form.  So, why not just make it a
publicly defined "annotation" which has appropriate implementation in
appropriate environments?

Gregg