[concurrency-interest] @Contended (JEP-142)

Gregg Wonderly gregg at cytetech.com
Wed Nov 28 11:47:17 EST 2012

Also, in the grander scheme of things, if, annotations are "runtime", and if we
extended their definitions, there could be a default method of "whenImplemented"
and another of "whenMissing" for example, that the JVM could invoke.  The
implementing JVMs/environments, could then modify the "default" version of
these.  The defaults, might then print an appropriate log message so that
users/developers would know when to expect appropriate enhancements.

Gregg