[concurrency-interest] @Contended (JEP-142)

Roman Elizarov elizarov at devexperts.com
Wed Nov 28 11:59:02 EST 2012

Going down this path we should have an @Unsafe public annotation, too. In a trusted environment with supporting implementation the annotated piece should use unsafe code for a better performance (just like a @Contended annotation is basically a performance optimization hint). Access to @Unsafe arrays  will skip range checks, @Unsafe AtomicFieldUpdaters will skip type checks (and will works as fast as with sun.misc.Unsafe but without the unpublic sun.misc part of it), etc.