[concurrency-interest] @Contended (JEP-142)

Kirk Pepperdine kirk at kodewerk.com
Thu Nov 29 06:17:39 EST 2012

Ok, I've already voiced my opinion that this annotation isn't the way to go.. having said that I've preferred the suggestions that this end up in a new package where all the "toxic" functionality ;-) can be placed. For example having the Instrumentation support in the java.lang.instrumentation package makes a whole lot of sense. j.l.vm maybe?

One thing that isn't clear.... if this makes it into the general JDK package structure i'd assume that other JVM's would have to support it in order to pass the TCK. If so, have the other JVM authors been able to comment on this?