[concurrency-interest] PackedObjects

Vitaly Davidovich vitalyd at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 19:38:34 EST 2012

Yes, this would be nice to see in hotspot.  Still, a full blown value type
with guaranteed stack allocation is sorely missing.  I routinely see code
which would benefit from this (e.g. Hashcode/EqualsBuilder style classes
that are utility wrappers around one or just a few primitives).  Relying on
EA (and not having a diagnostic/product flag that lets us see if something
got EA'd or not doesn't help) is too unreliable.

Sent from my phone