[concurrency-interest] @Contended (JEP-142)

Vitaly Davidovich vitalyd at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 19:43:58 EST 2012

What use case is that? If we're saying that this annotation is purely a VM
hint, then I don't think it needs to surface at all in java code.

How much overhead is there for having these be runtime retained? I don't
imagine many classes will have themselves or fields annotated with it, so
it may not be much of a concern.  However, making it runtime from the get
go puts us into a compatibility corner.

Sent from my phone