[concurrency-interest] @Contended (JEP-142)

oleksandr otenko oleksandr.otenko at oracle.com
Fri Nov 30 08:18:59 EST 2012

I think the layout monitoring tools will be none the wiser even if they
know which fields were annotated. After all, it is only a hint, and not
a directive on how exactly to lay out the fields.

In other words, I see no reason to expose this annotation to runtime
tools. If JVM wants to expose something useful about the actual object
layout, it probably won't be annotations.

Alex