[concurrency-interest] @Contended (JEP-142)

Vitaly Davidovich vitalyd at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 08:48:55 EST 2012

Right,  but I meant that the tool will report proper size but developer
looking at that number may not immediately understand why the reported size
is larger than expected if padding is applied.  If the tool can know that
@Contended is present, it can indicate that to the developer.  I'm not
familiar with the heap dump file format so don't know if there will be
enough info for the tool there.  I don't think instrumentation applies here
as the tool is interpreting a dump file and not profiling a live
application?

Sent from my phone