[concurrency-interest] Java hardware counter profiler tools

Vitaly Davidovich vitalyd at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 19:26:30 EST 2012

Hi guys,

This isn't a strictly concurrency question, but I figure this group is as
good an audience as any for this question.

What are folks using for doing hardware counter based profiling of java
code? Specifically, I'm interested in being able to correlate generated
assembly with java source and in turn have hardware counters associated
with it (e.g. LLC miss, branch mispredict, etc).  Linux intel x64 is the
target.

I understand this is a tall order for a profiler (with JIT in the middle),
but hoping something halfway decent exists.

I've briefly toyed with Intel's amplifier 13.1 but haven't quite got it
working to this level.

Does anyone have any recommendations and possibly links for more detailed
info?

Thanks

Sent from my phone