[concurrency-interest] An Eventually Consistent highly scalable K-V Store/HashMap

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Wed Apr 10 13:40:25 EDT 2013

What are you going to put into these stores?  If thread 1 puts in a reference to an object P, and thread 2 retrieves P from the store, is thread 2 guaranteed to be able to see all of P's fields, including the non-final ones changed after construction?  Does communicating the object through the KV store ensure visibility?  If not, this seems like a very limited facility that requires extremely careful documentation.

Hans