Vitaly Davidovich vitalyd at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 15:22:49 EDT 2013

String caches the hashcode in a plain field; multiple threads can race to
compute and store the hashcode, but since string is immutable, this is
fine.  The code is careful to operate only on a local variable to avoid
re-reads of the field (which could theoretically lead to wrong results if,
e.g., JIT reordered code in a certain way).