[concurrency-interest] Coordinated Runnables

Alexei Kaigorodov alexei.kaigorodov at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 12:24:33 EDT 2013

Place is a term in Petri Net model - place where tokens wait to be
processed. "Of type queue" means that tokens are stored in a queue. Another
possible type, for "colorless" tokens, is just a counter for events, like
semaphore. Single means actors in Scala and Akka can have only one input
place (queue) for messages, while Petri Net Nodes (transitions) can have
several, and this is very  natural for asynchronous programming, as
illustrated at the picture in the referenced googledoc paper.