[concurrency-interest] Effort to create a Blocking Queue between Java processes

javamann at cox.net javamann at cox.net
Wed Feb 6 15:20:56 EST 2013

That is true but it's hard to beat the simplicity of..

final BlockingQueue<String> m_messageQueue = new MagicQueue<>(id);
m_messageQueue.put("Message");

Thanks

-Pete

---- Gregg Wonderly <gergg at cox.net> wrote:

There are lots of different queuing mechanisms available in distributed environments.  The most largest and complex are JMS implementations.  There are simpler versions of that using RMI or CORBA to talk between java processes.  You might want to look at the Javaspaces as a more robust and more readily distributed data exchange system.  There are products which use Javaspaces if you need a product, and there are also open source projects such as Apache River, which has the original Jini/Javaspaces work, and the Blitz Javaspaces and probably some others I am not remembering.   There are deployment toolkits for Jini services such as Rio, which can provide some pretty compelling capabilities for system deployment and management.

Gregg Wonderly