[concurrency-interest] Effort to create a Blocking Queue between Java processes

javamann at cox.net javamann at cox.net
Wed Feb 6 16:46:11 EST 2013

I was looking at solutions that used MMap but the problem is the coordination between the processes. I would really like the situation where the consuming thread would block until there was data available vs. polling. This would be really cool if it was part of the JVM.

Thanks

-Pete

---- Adam Browning <adbrowning at gmail.com> wrote:

If you're looking for shared memory between processes, you could set
up something with mmap (assuming you control both sides of the
communication). It probably wouldn't be as fast as the shared memory
of threads, but I suspect that it'd probably be faster than going
through the TCP/IP stack.

Adam