[concurrency-interest] Effort to create a Blocking Queue between Java processes

javamann at cox.net javamann at cox.net
Wed Feb 6 17:10:34 EST 2013

Thanks, I'll look into this.

-Pete

---- Nathan Reynolds <nathan.reynolds at oracle.com> wrote:

=============
If Process A adds to the queue, how does it wake up a thread in Process
B?  On Windows, you could do this with a named Event.  Both Processes
have to agree upon a name when creating the event.  They could then
signal the event and wake up threads.  I am not sure if other OS's have
the ability.

Nathan Reynolds
Architect | 602.333.9091