[concurrency-interest] Design of Thread Safe Iterator Proxy

corporate.piyush at gmail.com corporate.piyush at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 03:20:25 EDT 2013

sorry for late reply...

@Remi & @Yuvit

thanks for your time.
I know that concrete solution to this problem is not possible as hasNext()
and next() are two different methods.

But we can at least think of Safe Iterator proxy , assuming the following

1. every thread which calls hasNext() is expected to call next() , again in
order
2. once a particular thread calls hasNext(), a lock will be active until the
same thread calls next() and retrieves the element from underlying iterator
3. during the execution of step 2, all other threads have to wait for their
turn.

Regards,
Piyush Katariya