[concurrency-interest] Possible classloader leak caused by Striped64

Doug Lea dl at cs.oswego.edu
Tue Apr 29 16:17:49 EDT 2014

On 04/29/2014 01:44 PM, Martin Buchholz wrote:> Guava bug
> http://code.google.com/p/guava-libraries/issues/detail?id=1553 reports that
> Guava's private copy of Striped64 may cause classloader retention because of
> the class com.google.common.cache.Striped64$HashCode held via a threadlocal.

Using a one-element int[] (as suggested in patch) just to avoid
appEngine class-loader retention that can occur with a named class is
not going to win any beauty pageant awards, but we've done uglier
things for similar reasons. I'll double-check patch and put together
and commit jsr166e version sometime soon.

> Looking at jsr166 CVS, I see that the src/main version of Striped64 no
> longer uses this class

Right.

http://code.google.com/p/guava-libraries/source/browse/guava/src/com/google/common/cache/Striped64.java