[concurrency-interest] Unbounded thread pool and memory overhead

Rohit Reja rreja2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 25 05:11:46 EDT 2014

I tried using this constructor

 "new ThreadPoolExecutor(10, 100,
                60L, TimeUnit.SECONDS,
>                new LinkedBlockingQueue<Runnable>());"
This results into creation of only 1 thread.
According to the documentation, "If there are more than corePoolSize but less than maximumPoolSize threads running, a new thread will be created only if the queue is full."

Essentially what I want is a cachedThreadPool with max threads < unbounded and queueing of tasks beyond a certain threshold.

- Rohit