[concurrency-interest] Semantics of compareAndSwapX

Oleksandr Otenko oleksandr.otenko at oracle.com
Wed Feb 26 18:16:59 EST 2014

Yes, it seems all of these conditions are met.

http://www.arm.com/files/downloads/ARMv8_Architecture.pdf

Chapter 5.2.8

A load-acquire is a load where it is guaranteed that all loads and
stores appearing in program order after the load-
acquire will be observed by each observer after that observer observes
the load-acquire, but says nothing about
loads and stores appearing before the load-acquire.

A store-release will be observed by each observer after that observer
observes any loads or stores that appear in
program order before the store-release, but says nothing about loads and
stores appearing after the store-release.

In addition, a store-release followed by a load-acquire will be observed
by each observer in program order.

Practically, the definition of volatile accesses in JMM.

Alex