[concurrency-interest] Executors.newCachedThreadPool()

Rohit Reja rreja2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 01:56:51 EDT 2014

Hi,

Why does the default implementation of Executors.newCachedThreadPool() has Integer.MAX_VALUE as the upper limit for number of threads?
If I use this default implementation, don't I  risk  creating a lot of threads when a burst of tasks gets scheduled and JVM running out of stack memory?

What is recommended?

Thanks,
Rohit Reja