[concurrency-interest] Passing argument to start method with Executor

Mohan Radhakrishnan radhakrishnan.mohan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 01:29:14 EDT 2014

Hi,

    I am trying to work with sun.jvm.hotspot.tools.Tool which is a
Runnable. But it requires the start method to be called with arguments. It
looks like an older API.

    If I use ExecutorService executor = newFixedThreadPool(4); and execute
 sun.jvm.hotspot.tools.Tool then the contract is violated.

Is there a way to use an Executor and ensure the start method is called
with arguments ?

ThreadPoolExecutor calls 'start' deep in the code but  I am not sure how to
call a custom 'start' method which calls the thread's 'start' method in
turn.

Thanks,

Mohan