[concurrency-interest] How to subclass CompletableFuture?

Doug Lea dl at cs.oswego.edu
Thu Oct 30 16:52:04 EDT 2014

On 10/26/2014 10:21 PM, cowwoc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I believe that CompletableFuture was designed to allow for subclassing but I
> can't seem to figure out how to implement such a subclass:
> http://stackoverflow.com/q/26579139/14731

I was about to answer this, but I see that Holger already posted
one good approach on stackoverflow. Thanks Holger!

One further note though: One reason interface CompletionStage exists
is so that you don't have to subclass CompletableFuture, or
use it in any way at all for alternative implementations. However,
the handy static methods to get chains started aren't available,
so you'd need to provide alternatives.

-Doug