[concurrency-interest] MapDB benchmarks

Jan Kotek discus at kotek.net
Fri Aug 28 15:50:02 EDT 2015

Hi,

Most of you probably know MapDB. It is alternative java collection
implementation.

I ran some benchmarks on recent version. It compares ConcurrentHashMap and
ConcurrentSkipListMap with HTreeMap and BTreeMap from MapDB. I would like to
know your opinion. My collections are only 10x slower in some cases :-)

Results:
http://www.mapdb.org/benchmarks.html

Sources:
https://github.com/jankotek/mapdb-benchmarks

I posted other benchmarks about a year ago, those were broken because of
java.util.Random overhead. I think similar problem is not here.

Current bench is single-threaded. I have some problems with lock overlaps etc,
but it is under control. Final MapDB 2.0 should be linearly scalable to 4 cpu
cores, I will add tests once its done.

Regards,
Jan Kotek