Paul Sandoz paul.sandoz at oracle.com
Tue Dec 8 08:40:34 EST 2015

> On 8 Dec 2015, at 12:56, Vitaly Davidovich <vitalyd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We did discuss it, and on that thread an Oracle engineer said there's no plan to do that.

That was me :-) My response was a little more nuanced:

  http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/hotspot-compiler-dev/2015-November/020006.html <http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/hotspot-compiler-dev/2015-November/020006.html>

	AFAIK there are no plans to do such expansion.

(I may have been misunderstanding what you meant by “expansion”.)

First i wanna get it into JDK 9 as currently optimized (via no inlining), and then iterate e.g. tackling https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8130398 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8130398> if that optimization route is appropriate, and updating various areas in the JDK to use it (some sooner that others perhaps, depending on performance requirements).

Paul.