Vitaly Davidovich vitalyd at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 09:22:17 EST 2015

> That was me :-) My response was a little more nuanced:

Ok Paul, I tried to keep this anonymous :)

> http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/hotspot-compiler-dev/2015-November/020006.html
> AFAIK there are no plans to do such expansion.
> (I may have been misunderstanding what you meant by “expansion”.)

Ok.

First i wanna get it into JDK 9 as currently optimized (via no inlining),
> and then iterate e.g. tackling
> https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8130398 if that optimization
> route is appropriate, and updating various areas in the JDK to use it (some
> sooner that others perhaps, depending on performance requirements).

That sounds good.  Removing prologue/epilogue for empty methods sounds like
a good idea generally, but at the risk of repeating myself, ideally there's
no call at all.  Andrew thinks it shouldn't be difficult, so I'd volunteer
him for it. :)