David Holmes davidcholmes at aapt.net.au
Thu Dec 10 18:37:42 EST 2015

To be 100% clear: hotspot does not implement the requirement that an object is only eligible for finalization after its constructors have completed. Instead it makes them eligible for finalization at the successful end of Object.<init> (by default – if RegisterFinalizersAtInit is false then it will register them at the end of allocation instead).

David